“To say that Jodie Nicholson faces a bright future would be doing her a disservice… she is all set to make a very big dent in the music world” – Maverick Magazine
“Jodie Nicholson is a captivating performer and writer of beautiful music. Her melodic and ethereal style alongside her note-perfect delivery can reduce the rowdiest of audiences to pin-drop silence” – NARC. Magazine
“Jodie Nicholson has beautiful tone to her voice, and if she keeps the quality up it’s only a matter of time before she is a household name” – Fresh On The Net
“Has a touch of Stevie Nicks towards that end that we love… Nicholson has consistently showcased herself as a songwriter of increasing quality, and a powerful performer” – Record of the Day
“An emotional quality to her sound that falls in the likings of London Grammar, Daughter and Laura Marling… She is amazing!” – Give It A Spin
Jodie Nicholson is a 24-year-old emerging artist from the village of Hurworth-on-Tees, on the outskirts of Darlington in the north east of England.
Jodie’s organic approach to songwriting sees delicate melodies and emotive lyrics sit atop deep-rooted themes of melancholy and longing. Inspired by personal experiences and relationships, her music portrays heartfelt narratives of love, loss and healing.
Her ethereal tracks have already picked up airplay from Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 6 Music, BBC Introducing, BT TV Music and Amazing Radio, as well as respected tastemakers including Tom Robinson’s Fresh On The Net, Record of the Day, Maverick Magazine, AlexRainBird, AudioFemme, NARC. Magazine, Black Plastic, Ear To The Ground, York Calling, LeFutureWave, Give It A Spin and Mystic Sons, to name but a few.
In a breakthrough 2020, Jodie has been awarded funding from both Help Musicians ‘Do It Differently’ and PRS Foundation ‘Women Make Music’. Latest single ‘Move’ was produced by Tim Bran (London Grammar, Aurora, Halsey) and signalled an ambitious statement of intent for the future.
Live, Jodie has performed across the north for Sofar Sounds, as well as headlining numerous regional venues and supporting the likes of She Drew The Gun, Cattle & Cane and Baskery at sold-out shows.
With musical influences including Tori Amos, Laura Marling, Bombay Bicycle Club, Daughter, Pink Floyd, Rae Morris, Lucy Rose and The Staves, Jodie is not afraid to experiment and build upon each song’s raw foundations of guitar/piano and vocals, really bringing her home-spun recordings to life through layered harmonies, strings, drums and additional instrumentation.
• AudioFemme: audiofemme.com/premiere-jodie-nicholson-move/
• AudioFemme: recordoftheday.com/record-of-the-day/2020-09-22/move2020
• Glitter: glittermagrocks.com/connect/2020/09/18/jodie-nicholson-releases-her-new-single-move/
• Fresh On The Net: freshonthenet.co.uk/2019/11/faves344/
• NARC. Magazine: narcmagazine.com/interview-jodie-nicholson/
• Losing Track: youtube.com/watch?v=RwJ2gbQcpBI (Deer Shed ‘Base Camp’ Session)
• Crossroads: youtube.com/watch?v=xG-E95ta20g (Sofar Sounds Middlesbrough)
• In Spring: youtube.com/watch?v=_mfL4XE4QTE (Sam McClaren Workshop Session)
• Run: youtube.com/watch?v=hRaTWQE7mpc (Sofar Sounds Leeds)
• The Rain: youtube.com/watch?v=L98hTv8kInI (Long Lyric Session)
• BBC Introducing: bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p081dzrp
• Spotify: open.spotify.com/artist/3UKeJqND3iyFxGOUPLq9Be
• Apple Music: music.apple.com/gb/artist/jodie-nicholson/1468662131
• Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/jodie-nicholson-music
• Facebook: facebook.com/jodienicholsonmusic
• Instagram: instagram.com/jodienicholsonmusic/
• Twitter: twitter.com/jodienic_music
• YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UCCieXMuu8kAEd1tOXp0exVA
• Website: jodienicholsonmusic.com/